Step-by-Step Install of the Office 2013 Customer Preview
In previous posts, we have explored about Getting the Office 2013 Customer Preview Beta and Before Installing Office 2013 Customer Preview. Now let's take you step-by-step through the entire install process. All through this post, you will find screenshots -- feel free to click on the actual screenshots to see larger representations.
- Go to the Office 2013 Customer Preview site, and click the large green Sign Up button.
- This gets you to the Welcome to the new Office screen -- unless you want to Learn more, click the Try now link.
- You now need to sign into your Microsoft account -- this is essentially your Windows Live account -- also if you have a Hotmail, MSN, or XBox Live account -- then you already have a Microsoft account. You can sign in with your Microsoft account -- or do what I did, and create a new account altogether just for this beta.
- If you successfully signed in (or signed up), you will see the screen shown below. Click the green Get started now button.
- You'll now see the Welcome to your account page screen -- just go ahead and click the green Install button.
- You'll see a message right near your browser's status bar (at least in Internet Explorer) that asks you if you want to run or save the installation file -- go ahead and click the Run option.
- Next, you will see an indication of the installation beginning, and then connecting to your account -- see the two screenshots below.
- And then you see the screen that believes you will love Office -- click the Next button to continue.
- Now you need to accept the Microsoft license agreement by clicking the Accept button.
- And now for something you would least expect -- a small video clip about the new Office -- here are two screenshots from the video.
- OK, now you must sign in -- again! We know you already signed in, but that one was for the installation site -- and this one is for your local computer -- so press the orange Sign In button. Notice the smiling and frowning faces on the top right -- click those to tell Microsoft if you are happy or not!
- Now you actually sign in -- use the new Microsoft ID you created.
- Now you are welcomed -- and you can also choose a patterned theme for your Office 2013 program interface -- we just chose the None option. Then click the Next button.
- You next meet SkyDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage solution -- click the Next button to proceed.
- Now Microsoft wants you to take a look at some other great stuff while they wrap things up -- we just politely clicked the No thanks option.
- Now the actual installation starts -- it seems to start from 14% rather than 0% or 1%. Be prepared for a long wait.
- And then after an hour and half, our installation was done. We tested this installation on a 4 mbps online connection.
- Launch your program -- we launched PowerPoint 2013. In a few moments, the program was automatically activated.
April 2003 | May 2003 | December 2003 | January 2004 | February 2004 | March 2004 | April 2004 | May 2004 | June 2004 | July 2004 | August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | September 2005 | October 2005 | November 2005 | December 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | February 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | December 2007 | January 2008 | February 2008 | March 2008 | April 2008 | May 2008 | June 2008 | July 2008 | August 2008 | September 2008 | October 2008 | November 2008 | December 2008 | January 2009 | February 2009 | March 2009 | April 2009 | May 2009 | June 2009 | July 2009 | August 2009 | September 2009 | October 2009 | November 2009 | December 2009 | January 2010 | February 2010 | March 2010 | April 2010 | May 2010 | June 2010 | July 2010 | August 2010 | September 2010 | October 2010 | November 2010 | December 2010 | January 2011 | February 2011 | March 2011 | April 2011 | May 2011 | June 2011 | July 2011 | August 2011 | September 2011 | October 2011 | November 2011 | December 2011 | January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | April 2012 | May 2012 | June 2012 | July 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | November 2012 | December 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | March 2013 | April 2013 | May 2013 |
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.