I already introduced you to SlideBoom and showed you how you can join as part of the SlideBoom series, I provided a brief introduction to this slide sharing site. In today’s post, you’ll learn how you can upload your first presentation to this site.
- First create a simple presentation — or use any of your existing PowerPoint presentations.
- Then get to the SlideBoom site, and click the Sign In link towards the top right of the page. This brings you to the sign in page that you can see in Figure 1 — log-in with your username and password. If you have forgotten your password, click the Forgot Password option.
Figure 1: Sign in to upload presentations
- Once you have signed in, click the Upload button to get to the Upload Presentation screen that you can see in Figure 2. Click the Browse button, select the presentation you want to upload, and then get back to the web page. Thereafter, click the Upload button that you can see in Figure 2.
- You can now see an indication of your upload process, as shown in Figure 3.
- Once this is done, you can enter some meta info for the presentation — add a title, description, some tags, choose a topic, change the language other than Autodetect if required, and finally select the privacy options. See Figure 4 to get an idea of the options available.
- Click the Submit button, and you should be done — and you can now click on the View Presentation button to view your presentation — and share the uploaded presentation with others.
In the next post in this series, I’ll show you how you can share your SlideBoom presentations.