In this conversation, Jay discusses new features and functionality in SlideShark — the free app from Brainshark that solves the problem of PowerPoint’s incompatibility on the iPad.
Geetesh: What are the new features in SlideShark v1.5, and how do these help users get more from their presentation content?
Jay: We’re thrilled to add a number of ground-breaking new features and functionalities to the latest version of the app, which is the fifth major update since its launch last October. SlideShark v1.5 now includes the following features:
- Share presentations: Users can now easily share links to online versions of their presentations by email or social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) from the app or their online account for on-demand viewing on any device.
- Track results: Instant email notifications alert users when their shared on-demand presentations are viewed. SlideShark Plus and Team Edition users also receive details on who viewed which slides, in what order and when.
- Re-order slides: The ability to re-order slides by tapping and moving them to the desired location lets users tailor presentations for specific audiences, complementing SlideShark’s existing hide/un-hide slides feature.
- Search for presentations: Users have easy, instant access to specific content by using the new search functionality to locate presentations in their account.
- Select favorites: By tapping the star icon next to a presentation, users are able to select and filter their favorites for convenient access to the presentations they use most often.
- Delete content: Users can delete files from their online account from the iPad, freeing up additional storage space as needed while on-the-go.
- Expanded file support: In addition to supporting .PPT and .PPTX files, the app now supports .PPS and .PPSX file types.
- Team Edition Administration via iPad: SlideShark Team Edition administrators can now easily log into their account from the app on the iPad by tapping “administration.”
By providing these new features, SlideShark v1.5 offers users an enhanced experience by allowing users to both share and track content. Additional content management capabilities also allow users to take advantage of new accessibility and organizational functionality.
Geetesh: Two of the significant new features in SlideShark v1.5 are the sharing and tracking capabilities –- can you tell us more about these features?
Jay: Yes, absolutely. The sharing capability allows users to easily share PowerPoint presentations via email or social media channels, which can be viewed on-demand from any device –- including computers, iPads and other tablets and smartphones. This capability is critical for users who want to share important business content anytime and anywhere, whether it’s before a meeting for preparation purposes or after a meeting as a leave-behind.
In addition, with the tracking capability Slideshark offers, users are instantly notified by email when their presentations are viewed and as a paid upgrade option, SlideShark Plus and SlideShark Team Edition users receive additional details on who viewed the presentations, which slides they viewed, in what order and when. By offering this feature, users can now gain valuable insight into how their content is being consumed in order to conduct both effective and timely follow-up.
We’re very excited to offer both of these unique features and look forward to continuing to add valuable capabilities to SlideShark to further enhance our users’ experience of properly playing PowerPoints from their iPads.
Existing SlideShark users can update to the current version via the Apple App Store -– and new users can sign up for a free account or start a free, 60-day trial of SlideShark Team Edition by visiting www.slideshark.com.