Ajay Mohan is the Founder and CEO of SlideTeam. Before starting SlideTeam, Ajay Mohan held senior positions in Fortune 500 companies in the US including tech companies in Silicon Valley. He has done his Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance from Indiana University Bloomington and Master of Science (MS), Engineering from Rutgers University-New Brunswick. His goal for SlideTeam is to bring a scientific approach to presenting complex ideas using well researched visual aids. SlideTeam.net and partner site SlideGeeks.com host a comprehensive and easily searchable collection with over 500,000 slides.
In this conversation, Ajay talks about the new SlideTeam Presentation App.
Geetesh: Ajay, can you tell us more about your SlideTeam Presentation app, and what motivated you to create it?
Ajay: Put very simply, the SlideTeam Presentation app converts sketches and notes into professional presentations. It is the first-ever app that allows presenters to take photos of their notes, drawings and rough sketches from their mobile phones and send them to SlideTeam’s Custom Design Services team, one of the world’s best presentation design teams, and get a completely professional finished presentation back in 48 hours.
Our team of 150+ graphic designers, with over 10,000+ hours of PowerPoint experience, converts those sketches and notes into beautiful, polished presentations combining the best of graphics, editable diagrams, icons and a customized template!
The increasing demand from our clients for a faster and easier way to request custom designs motivated us to launch this app. Even before the app was launched, our design services team had already designed thousands of winning presentations for Fortune 500 companies, marketing and sales professionals, doctors, lawyers and academia. Fortune 500 companies like General Motors, Boeing, Bank of America, Starbucks, Ford, General Electric, AT&T, CISCO, Colgate-Palmolive, and tech giants such as TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra and leading IITs have been using our professional slides for their presentations.
During interaction over phone and email, several of our clients wished for a way that would make sharing their notes and design requirements as easy as a click of a button. Creating rough PowerPoint decks on their PCs and laptops was a hassle. Talk about taking pictures from whiteboards after a meeting. Since most of the clients preferred to stay in touch and work on the go using their phones and tablets, we devised a way that would drastically cut down the end-to-end process of crafting a winning presentation. And so the SlideTeam Presentation App was designed. The presenters now only need a pen and paper to jot down their ideas and their mobile phone to click those notes and send them via our app.
Geetesh: How does the app work, and what benefits will this bring to the end user?
Ajay: The app is very easy to use as can be seen through these steps:
- Simply sketch out your idea on paper and click it. Presenters can also send photos of their whitepapers, whiteboard notes, class notes, meeting notes, doodles or any other content.
- Open the SlideTeam App and select the image from the gallery. You can even click the photo of rough sketch straight away from within the app using the Capture Image functionality (see the screenshot below). Add comments to specify the slide colors or any other information. Tap Add New Slide when you are done.
- Add new slides with or without an image. It’s not necessary to have a rough sketch for every slide. You can simply add your design requirements within the comments box (see the screenshot below).
- Review slides and edit any slide before submitting the request. You can return to any slide and edit it from the Review screen (see the screenshot below). Tap I’m Done when you are ready to submit them to SlideTeam designers.
The designers at SlideTeam take these rough sketches and notes and transform them into polished slides. Here’s one such professional slide created using clients’ brief:
Here are some benefits of SlideTeam App:
- Send notes and sketches from Android and iPhones with the click of a few buttons.
- Convert sketches and notes into crisp, professional presentations.
- Minimize time delay, get high quality presentations in 48 hours or less.
- Submit requests for complete PPTs, slides, diagrams, logos, 3D graphics, etc.
- Free to use and no sign in/sign up required.
Here are links to download the SlideTeam Presentation App from the Apple AppStore and the Google Play Store: