Fire Them Up!: Conversation with Carmine Gallo

Created: Friday, November 16, 2007, posted by Geetesh Bajaj at 5:27 am



Carmine Gallo (pictured to the right) is a communications coach for the world’s most admired brands. His client list includes Intel, Chase, Barclays, IBM, Nokia, and many others. He is an Emmy award-winning journalist and former anchor, host, and business correspondent for CNN, Fox, CNET, and CBS.

Geetesh: Tell us more about Fire Them Up!, your new book, and what motivated you to do this book that helps motivate others.

Carmine: Americans are uninspired at work, in school and in their communities. At work, only 10% of employees look forward to going to work. Believe me, you don’t want to be in the other 90%! In school, 7,000 U.S students drop out of the school system every day. In our communities, out of 172 democracies, America ranks 139 in voter turnout. We are discouraged, disillusioned and unmotivated. The same holds true for workers in many other countries as well. Leadership is in short supply. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Each and every one of us has the ability, and I would argue, the obligation, to inspire, motivate and positively influence everyone in our personal and professional lives. You can do if you learn the language of motivation.

Fire Them UpFor more than a year, I spent time with extraordinary men and women who are considered inspiring communicators. These people run companies like The Ritz-Carlton, Google, Travelocity, Cold Stone Creamery, Starbucks, 24-Hour Fitness, Cranium, Virgin and many others. Some of the participants sketched ideas on napkins and through their power of their presentations, convinced investors to follow their vision. Some leaders transformed their company from one of the worst places to work to top of the Fortune list as the best place to work in the country. One man became a famous teacher for taking a class of underachievers and helping them outscore the gifted classes despite seemingly insurmountable hurdles. His story was turned into a movie but he offers his techniques for readers of Fire Them Up.

You will never be a leader unless you inspire those around you. Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” Imagine what life could be like if you satisfy that chief want? Recruiters will want to hire you, customers will want to buy from you, investors will want to back you, employees will want to work with you, and everyone will feel energized by your presence!

Geetesh: If you had to explain your book in a generic paragraph to a prospective reader, how would that read?

Carmine: Fire Them Up reveals the 7 simple secrets of motivation as practiced by the world’s most inspiring business leaders, entrepreneurs and educators.

Categories: books, interviews


Related Posts

What’s Your Presentation Persona: Conversation wit... Scott Schwertly is the Founder and CEO of Ethos3 and the creator of Badge, a proprietary presentation assessment tool which helps presenters discover ...
Better Presentations: Conversation with Jon Schwab... Jon Schwabish is an economist, writer, teacher, and creator of policy-relevant data visualizations. He is considered a leading voice for clarity and a...
The Authority Guide to Presenting and Public Speak... Steve Bustin has worked with major brands (MTV, TalkTalk, The Guardian) as well as charities (Stonewall, The WEA, Girls Not Brides) and hundreds of sm...
Lean Presentation Design: Conversation with Mauriz... Maurizio La Cava is a digital entrepreneur, marketer, blogger, public speaker, presentation design guru and Founder at MLC-Design. He is also author o...

Filed Under: Uncategorized
Tagged as: ,

No Comments

Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Plagiarism will be detected by Copyscape

© 2000-2018, Geetesh Bajaj - All rights reserved.

since November 02, 2000