Mark Schwartz, EVP of Sales at Articulate leads the global direct sales and channel management teams. Before joining Articulate in 2005, Mark held sales and sales management roles at Dell, Inc., for 10 years. In his last position with Dell, he had P&L responsibility for a geographic sales organization with annual sales of more than $125 million. Mark went to Dell from IBM, where he spent 10 years in sales and marketing. In his marketing role, Mark developed and executed a market support plan for a line of PC-based business application software.
In this interview, Mark talks about Articulate Studio ’13, a suite of e-learning products.
Geetesh: Mark, can you tell us more about Articulate Studio ’13, the differences between the Pro and Standard versions, and how do all products within the Studio work together?
Mark: Articulate Studio ’13 is the fastest, easiest way to create online, presentation based courses. Also, Articulate Studio ’13 is a complete suite of products that are designed to work together:
- Presenter ’13 allows users to create, narrate, and annotate e-learning content in PowerPoint.
- Articulate Quizmaker ’13 allows users to add quizzes and surveys to online courses with unprecedented ease.
- Articulate Engage ’13 allows users to add media-rich interactions to courses by simply filling out a form.
- Articulate Replay allows users to create training videos by recording screencasts with your webcam.
Each of these products can work alone or integrate with each other for a fully featured, robust course that includes course content, rich interactions, screencasts, and assessments.
And they can all be published to and tracked by a SCORM, AICC, or TinCan supported LMS.
The Photographic Character Bundle 1 is also included with Studio ’13 and includes 8 additional photographic characters with over 1100 poses for use in any of the Studio ’13 products.
Studio ’13 Pro includes all these products, Studio ’13 Standard does not include Engage but all the other products in the bundle.
Geetesh: Compared to previous versions of Articulate Studio, what is your favorite feature in this release?
Mark: The main new features of Studio ’13 include:
- Publish to Flash, HTML5, and mobile
- A new unified, modern player
- Section 508 accessibility support
- Streamlined user interfaces for an optimal user experience
- New question types including: drag and drop
- Translation support
- 10 new interaction types in Engage
- The addition of Articulate Replay and the Character Bundle
The suite continues the Articulate tradition of a simple, intuitive user interface that enables even beginners to create professional looking e-learning.