Aparna Mahalingam discusses about the medium and the message of presentations. She says, “How to make presentations is important. These cannot substitute for the content, though.” She also reached out to me, and included some of my quotes in this feature.
Here are some quotes:
- Content is the king. What is most important is how you put the point across. PowerPoint is just a medium at the end of the day.
- A lot of extempore is actually improvisation of the presentation.
- Even if a junior in the organisation is preparing the presentation, the senior person who is going to make the presentation has to be involved in the process.
- Limit animations to emphasise key points.
- Better still, record a video while you are rehearsing for the presentation. You can be your own critic then.