Ellen Finkelstein is a Microsoft PowerPoint MVP and author of several PowerPoint, Flash, and AutoCAD books — she has just launched a new free webinar series called the Outstanding Presentations Workshop.
In this conversation, Ellen talks more about this webinar series.
Geetesh: How did the idea for the Outstanding Presentations Workshop webinar series come about? Who would want to attend the workshops, and how can they sign up?
Ellen: For a long time, I’ve been “beating the drum” about effective presenting and how to avoid Death by PowerPoint. Specifically, I’ve been trying to find ways to reach a larger number of people, those who present regularly, but don’t read books or blogs about presentations. So I came up with the idea of a series of free webinars, presented by top presentation experts. It’s called Outstanding Presentations Workshop. It will start Wednesday, September 15th at 1 PM Pacific Time /4 PM Eastern Time (in the United States).
Anyone who presents and wants to present well will benefit by attending. It’s not only ideal for individuals, but Training Managers may want to organize groups of employees to view the webinars in a group.
Sign up at Outstanding Presentations Workshop. This is such a great opportunity so we expect a large crowd. The webinar service limits participation to 1000, so we recommend signing up early!
Geetesh: Who are the presenters?
Ellen: I’m so excited at the caliber of our 8 speakers. They are well-known authors, speakers, trainers, and bloggers. Here’s the list, in order of speaking:
- Rick Altman, author of Why Most PowerPoint Presentations Suck and organizer of the Presentation Summit conference (previously called PowerPoint Live)
- Nancy Duarte, author of Slide:ology and the upcoming Resonate, designer of the slides for Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth”
- Olivia Mitchell, blogger at Speaking about Presenting
- Robert Lane, author of Relational Presentation and founder of Aspire Communications
- Dana Bristol-Smith, founder of Speak for Success and the Speak for Success Women’s Leadership Institute
- Jim Endicott, President of Distinction Communication
- Scott Schwertly, author of How to Be a Presentation God and CEO of Ethos3
- Ellen Finkelstein, author of PowerPoint for Teachers and a PowerPoint MVP