Ellen Finkelstein is a Microsoft PowerPoint MVP and author of several PowerPoint, Flash, and AutoCAD books — she just announced the third series of her Outstanding Presentations Workshop, a webinar series that allows everyone to learn from renowned presentation experts.
In this conversation, Ellen talks more about this new webinar series.
Geetesh: After two successful seasons of your Outstanding Presentations webinars, what’s different in this new round of webinars planned for 2012?
Ellen: Last year, I asked participants what they wanted for this year and a theme of the answers was more practical, technical presentations. So this year, we are focusing a little more on PowerPoint techniques, but there will still be some general principles of slide design.
Additionally, this year the entire webinar series is no longer free. I’m charging just $7 per participant for 8 workshop sessions, and that’s quite a steal!
The webinars will be held each Tuesday, starting from September 18, 2012 and ending November 13, 2012 (except for October 9). Although the times are more suited to a US audience (11:00 hrs PST / 14:00 hrs EST), each webinar will be recorded so you can view it later up to 2 months after the session. Each webinar lasts 1 hour but may run over slightly. You must sign up, even to view the recordings.
Geetesh: Tell us about the speaker line-up you have assembled this time, and what they will be speaking about.
Ellen: I’m very excited out our speaker line-up, not least because you will be speaking! Except for one speaker, they are all PowerPoint MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals, a Microsoft award for independent experts who share their expertise with the user community). Here are the speakers and their presentation titles:
- Rick Altman — September 18 — Real-World Makeovers
- Sandy Johnson — September 25 — Create Amazing Custom Graphics
- Glenna Shaw — October 2 — Dynamic PowerPoint for Games, Tutorials and More
- No Session — October 9 — Presentation Summit
- Ric Bretschneider — October 16 — 10 Evil Little Secrets about PowerPoint
- Geetesh Bajaj — October 23 — Create Slides that Look Handmade
- Echo Swinford — October 30 — Create Charts That Don’t Make Their Eyes Bleed
- Julie Terberg — November 6 — A Theme Runs Through It (Slide Masters & Themes)
- Ellen Finkelstein — November 13 — Make a Lasting Impression by Visualizing Business Concepts
We invite everyone to join us for this workshop!