Presentation Summit 2018: Conversation with Rick Altman

Created: Monday, April 2, 2018, posted by Geetesh Bajaj at 9:30 am



1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Rick Altman
 
Rick Altman has been hired by hundreds of companies, listened to by tens of thousands of professionals, and read by millions of people, all of whom seek better results with their presentation content and delivery. He covers the whole of the industry, from message crafting, through presentation design, slide creation, software technique, and delivery. He is the host of the Presentation Summit, now in its 16th season as the most prominent learning event for the presentation community.

In this conversation, Rick talks about the upcoming Presentation Summit conference, being held in San Diego from September 23rd to 26th, 2018.

Geetesh: The next Presentation Summit conference happens in San Diego this September. Can you give us a brief overview of the conference, and what are the takeaways attendees with receive?

Rick: That is a familiar city for us. In sixteen years, the conference has been held in San Diego, CA more than any other city. We have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like visiting San Diego in the fall, when you can still wear shorts and still swim in the ocean while it might be snowing where you live. Our patrons usually come in a few days beforehand, stay a few days afterward, and often bring family with them.

We are tracking several areas of high interest, starting with Morph, that is really starting to come into its own. And with Office 365 introducing 3D elements, we know that will become big in a hurry. Finally, we think that artificial and virtual reality might be one of the most important technologies to come to business communication in a generation. We are planning multiple sessions on these topics – introductions, advanced seminars, and showcases.

Geetesh: This will be the third year of offering shorter seminars in the afternoons. Are they here to stay? Also, I see there are a few new names on the schedule.

Rick: Yes, the shorter seminars in the afternoon remain, but we’re still adjusting. We have liked the quicker pace of the 20-minute seminars in the afternoon, but we don’t want to make anyone frantic. So this year, we are opening them up to 30 minutes, so everyone has a bit more time to take a breath, but still presenters know they have to get right to it.

About the new names, always! It’s our unique challenge: when 60% of our patrons are attending for the first time, but of the remaining 40%, many of them are coming for their sixth, seventh, or maybe 14th time. How do we keep it fresh and still cover core concepts and principles? I’m sure I’ll be in pursuit of the answer until my last breath, but clearly one of the ways is to make sure that we have fresh faces in the front of our ballrooms.

The seminar schedule is about 98% complete and it’s all available at https://www.PresentationSummit.com. I’m already excited and can’t wait for fall to get here. And that’s saying something because summer is my favorite season of all.


Related Posts

Presentation Summit 2017: Conversation with Rick Altman Rick Altman has been hired by hundreds of companies, listened to by tens of thousands of professionals, and read by millions of people, all of whom se...
Presentation Summit 2016: Conversation with Rick Altman Rick Altman has been hired by hundreds of companies, listened to by tens of thousands of professionals, and read by millions of people, all of whom se...
Presentation Summit Cruise: Conversation with Rick Altman Rick Altman is a California-based presentation consultant who has been helping organizations communicate better in public since before Microsoft devel...
Presentation Summit 2016: Conversation with Rick Altman Rick Altman is a California-based presentation consultant who has been helping organizations communicate better in public since before Microsoft devel...

Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Plagiarism will be detected by Copyscape

© 2000-2018, Geetesh Bajaj - All rights reserved.

since November 02, 2000